General Data Privacy Notice
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices of Silx FZ LLE entities with
regard to the data collected as part of conducting their normal business activity
from its offices across jurisdictions and through their website https://silxdigital.com/
This privacy notice shall cover:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you during the course of our business activity and through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information
What Personal Data Do We Collect:
We collect personal information from our customers including but not limited to the following data along with others, during the course of conducting our business activities of Insurance Intermediation:
- Your contact details such as name, postal address, email address, and telephone number;
- Your gender, date/place of birth, marital status, nationality, country of residence, occupation, hobbies, habits, and other similar demographic information;
- Your unique identifiers such as bank account number, passport number, and employee number;
- Information about Your finances, such as details of Your income and existing pension/insurance arrangements and amounts insured/claimed;
- Information about Your physical and mental health, including Your medical history, description of illness or injury suffered, and any specific treatment received;
- Information about You which Silx FZ LLE is obliged to check for legal or regulatory reasons, such as information relating to Your identity and Your criminal history (including allegations of crimes);
- Other information about You which Silx FZ LLE handles in connection with the services Silx FZ LLE provides and
- Any of the foregoing categories of information that relate to Your dependents.
- We collect data for the purposes of providing the below services along with others:
- To enable underwriters, actuaries, insurers, reinsurers, pension providers, claims handlers, banks and other lenders, health professionals, lawyers, accountants, auditors, consultants, and other like third party professional advisors and service providers to provide their services (to the extent their involvement is inherent in or necessary in connection with the services provided by Silx FZ LLE);
- To enable affiliates of the Silx FZ LLE Group and non-affiliated services providers (such as IT services providers and administrative support service providers) to provide services that directly or indirectly support Silx FZ LLE’s business operation and the services provided by Silx FZ LLE
- To comply with legal or regulatory requirements imposed on Silx FZ LLE or a client of Silx FZ LLE (including the requirement to conduct ‘Know-Your-Client’ checks, anti-money laundering/sanctions screening, and other like due diligence checks);
- To improve or develop the products and services Silx FZ LLE provides to its clients in general (e.g. improving internal business processes, providing analysis on trends in the employee benefits market, benchmarking employee benefits products, devising ways to simplify/streamline the insurance placement process or claims handling process, designing new types of insurance products, etc.); and
- To contact you and maintain the relationship between You and Silx FZ LLE in connection with the services provided by Silx FZ LLE, and to keep You informed about the products and services offered by Silx FZ LLE and other members of the Silx FZ LLE Group which might be of interest or benefit to You.
The nature and depth of this data varies from case-to-case but constitutes the data required to ascertain risk and provide you with the service you have asked for. Please note that by providing us this information you are giving us consent to hold, maintain and process this data.
What Do We Do With Your Data
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We use your data to understand your requirements and determine the type of policy, the premium and the terms applicable to your insurance proposal- therefore enabling us to produce a quotation or range of quotations for the insurance you have asked us to provide. The data will probably come to us via our website, email, phone, post or calling into the office, so our systems and policies are designed to ensure that only people directly involved in your insurance chain have access to your data and the data is shared only on a ‘Need to Know’ basis. In order to assist you to complete your proposal, create and maintain your policy or process and assist with a claim from you, we may need to share certain parts of your data with other secure data controllers within the insurance industry like our related companies, outsourcing partners, insurance providers and reinsurers. Please take note that we shall keep such transactions to an absolute minimum and all such parties are authorized and regulated entities following the same set of standards.
Silx FZ LLE does not generally engage in direct marketing activities that target consumers in general, but if You are Yourself a past or current client of Silx FZ LLE, or if You are a business contact at a past or current client of Silx FZ LLE, You might from time to time receive marketing communications from Silx FZ LLE, e.g. information regarding a new product or service offered by Silx FZ LLE, or invitation to a seminar or conference hosted by Silx FZ LLE which might be of interest to You.
Where Silx FZ LLE does send any marketing communication to You, Silx FZ LLE will ensure that such marketing communications are sent in compliance with the applicable laws, and, ensure that there is an easy way for You to stop receiving (i.e. “opt-out” from) such marketing communications in the future.
Silx FZ LLE will never sell, rent, or otherwise share Your personal information with operators of marketing databases or other non-affiliated third parties for their own marketing purposes.
Personal information Silx FZ LLE obtains shall usually be held only in electronic form, although Silx FZ LLE might occasionally keep such personal information in paper form (e.g. print-out of claim forms, letters, etc. for inclusion in files kept by Silx FZ LLE’s brokers and advisors)
Please be assured that Silx FZ LLE treats information security very seriously. Regardless of how Your personal information is kept, the privacy and confidentiality of Your personal information under Silx FZ LLE’s control will be protected in accordance with the strict standards set by Silx FZ LLE Group’s Information Security Policy which applies to all members of the Silx FZ LLE Group and is enforced by a dedicated team of experienced security experts.
Encryption, anti-malware, firewalls, back-up/disaster recovery systems, restriction of access to premises/IT systems, careful selection of personnel as well as relevant third party service providers, and other technical and organizational measures as appropriate will be used to prevent and detect unauthorized or accidental access, loss, disclosure, or other like incident that might affect Your personal information, regardless of whether Your personal data is held physically or electronically.
In the unlikely and unfortunate event Your personal information under Silx FZ LLE’s control becomes compromised due to any information security breach (e.g. unauthorised access, loss, or disclosure/alteration, including where this is caused by contractors), Silx FZ LLE will act promptly to identify the cause of such information security breach, and remediate and mitigate the consequences of such information security breach. Where appropriate, Silx FZ LLE will also notify You (and/or the relevant client of Silx FZ LLE, where applicable) in accordance with any applicable law which
Consent To Hold Data
Once you provide your data to us, it is deemed that we have your specific consent to hold, handle and process your data / information.
Please be informed that you have a right to withdraw consent at any time.
We shall hold, handle and process your data for the purposes and as per the terms mentioned above until you specifically notify us in writing not to do the same.
Silx FZ LLE International Insurance Brokers Ltd and its related entities will ensure consent is provided by the following means:
Online Applications — the applicant will be directed to our “Terms of Business’ & ‘Privacy Notice and Data Policy’ information sections. You will then be asked to confirm your permission to continue based upon the conditions set out in the document by your completion of tick box’s.
On acceptance of the conditions, the data will be forwarded from your browser and processed in accordance with the type of application in question. Should you be unwilling to share the data at this point, the application will not be forwarded from your browser and you are free to discard without further interaction with Silx FZ LLE.
Since the preliminary steps of our contractual relationship we collect your personal data through the Know Your Customer Forms.
Your Acceptance of This Policy
By accessing or using this Site, you agree to this Privacy & Data Protection Policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions from this policy at any time so visitors are encouraged to review this policy from time to time. Your continued use of our Site following the posting of changes to these terms means you accept these changes.