Social media is everywhere. In fact, almost 53% of the world’s population uses social media, with each person spending an average of nearly 2.5 hours on the various platforms daily.
Let’s take a quick look at some of the main social media platforms and what you need to consider from a marketing perspective:
- Twitter: Tweets with hashtags get 100% more engagement. If you want more engagement #DontForget2Hashtag and #UseRelevantHashtags
- Facebook: The best time to post is Wednesday at 11 AM and between 1-2 PM. Sundays show the least amount of traffic.
- Instagram: 83% of people use IG to discover new products and services. Educate potential customers using brand posts and videos.
- LinkedIn: Over 46% of all social media traffic to company websites comes from LinkedIn. That’s quite the sobering fact for those not driving a LinkedIn social media strategy.
- YouTube: YouTube is the second-largest search engine globally. Do your homework to find out how you can drive organic traffic to your website through YouTube.