Everyone is on their mobile. That’s not news. The question is – are you writing for them?
Imagine what a page looks like on your beautiful desktop monitor. Reading that article is a breeze. Now imagine reading that same thing on a six inch screen.
So when you’re writing for mobile, here are six quick tips to ensure you’re engaging your reader as much as possible.
- Write great headlines. Make them short and snappy.
- Short paragraphs – think ‘copy chunks’ for the scanning reader
- Just get to the point – ensure your content is front-loaded
- Make those sub-heads catchy
- Keep sentences crisp and direct
- Word choice – keep it simple
Thinking like your reader is key – when you finish creating your content, re-read with the smartphone in mind, and ask yourself if you’re making their life easier or more difficult.