With content, if you spend less, you get zero. Content is the ultimate lead nurturer, but it takes time and effort.
1. Research: Keeping up-to-date on the latest industry discussions, and creating relevant topics week-after-week.
2. Brief writing: With the topic identified, a detailed brief to get the best from the writer – structure, desired reader reaction, and so on.
3. Writing: Even for a 1,000-word piece you could be looking at over 10 hours of work. That’s to deliver something that really hits home.
4. Editing: A fresh set of eyes is always needed, no matter how good the writer is. Checking sources, ensuring the article delivers on the brief. Getting it ready for publication.
5. Iterations: And don’t forget the client’s requested changes – an editor needs to be on-hand to ensure the piece gets the final signoff.